Thursday, June 21, 2007

Something I never understand..

So, I've been watching Discovery Travel and Living a lot these days. Its one of those channels you can watch all day. They have an interesting mix of programmes and I think its a great way to pass one's time. However, there is something I have always noticed -

The anchor is travelling to some part of the globe and invariably gets hold of a 'native' to stir up their local speciality. So, the anchor stands around with the native, calls out the list of ingredients (for the viewers) and makes small talk with the cook. Cut to when the dish is getting completed and she will open the lid of the pot and go.."WOW! Can you smell that? I just can't wait" and rub her hands excitedly. Cut to when its tasting time - she will put one spoonful/forkful in her mouth and go "ummmmmmm, delicious, awesome!". Always! even if she is fed dung! How come the anchors never ever come across food that they don't particularly like, something that will not send them into paroxysms of delight. I wish my cooking turned out like this.

This is what I can never understand. Why are they so fake about this?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Watch a matter of taste with Vir Sanghvi or also Anthony Bourdain's - no reservations where he positively has no reservations in calling the food / drink absolutely revolting / insulting to taste buds!