Saturday, June 16, 2007

Bangalore has arrived!

So, here I was carrying on with life as usual and then there were these moments; moments that seem out of your average movie - you know, where the principal charater experiences this moment of realisation (along with assorted drumbeats and flashbacks). I just realised how things have changed, in namma Bengaluru.

Cut to moment 1, scene 1- Was getting my daily caffeine fix and standing on the portico in front of my house when I witnessed he following scene - an old newsaper guy- the kind that buys your stack of newspapers for 10 bucks so he may sell it to the recycler, has dumped his regular cargo and viola! a computer monitor nicely strapped up to the carrier of his bicycle! Looks like the transaction just took place. Our neighbours have sold a computer monitor to the kabadiwaala. Talk about moving up the value chain!

Moment 2, scene 2- I saw a stretch limo today! Right here, on the road next to the park near my house. A Ford Endevour lovingly cut up, and joined back with a kilometer of metal in between! Please correct me, but I for one have not seen a stretch limo in India ever.

Has Banglore arrived or what?!

No comments: