Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I like, I dont like.

I have been tagged by Maanasi to do this. She wonders if I’m alive and breathing these days, seeing that this blog has no updates. So, this is to show her up.

1) I like driving – Even in Bangalore. Especially in Bangalore maybe. I know the traffic sucks yada yada, but secretly, I liked all that alone time I used to get.
2) I like things natural - It may make me look like I just got out of bed, but I’m not cheating anyone. Plus, I’ll never figure what to do with make-up. Its effort I don’t know how to make. Anyway, I NEVER look like I just got out of bed unless I just did or I’m lazy. That happens sometimes.
3) I hate exercising in the gym - I still do it but I hate it. Its boring.
4) I love traveling – That’s all I ever want to do. Go to as many different places as possible. I never get a travelogue done though. Much as I try. It’s the laziness again. I won’t even include that as a separate point.
5) I like to read in the loo. Some may find it disgusting. I like it. In Bangalore it was the daily newspaper. Here, it is Time magazine.

Hmm so far, 4 “I like” and 1 “I hate”. I have to change the equation

6) I hate “girl talk” other than with girls I share a wave length with. Its sooo boring to hear women talk about their daily lives. Unless they want to use humour or say something interesting, I don’t care for it.
7) I like studying. I complain and complain about it when I have to study for exams, but the nerd deep inside loves it best when studying.
8) My latest passion is America bashing and also some “Indians in Amrica” bashing. Got nothing against the country. Noticing a few things and making fun of it makes me feel good. It also makes me mean. But I don’t say anything to anyone’s face. So I’m good right?
9) I love watching programs like CSI and also Medical Detectives and such like. In fact, in my CA exam studying days, I used to allow myself 1 hour everyday to enjoy watching grisly murder stories re-enacted while having lunch. But horror movies? No siree bob. No can do. Hate them and don’t feel silly to say - I get really scared.
10) I love clothes but hate shopping. I will never buy stuff at some discount stores, not because I’m a snob but because I hate sifting through stuff that’s in a heap. If its all nicely put up on a rail, I’m all for looking. I cannot tolerate shopping trips that last more than say 3 hours. Not even at these fancy American outlet malls.

Lets see, now I’ve reached the same number of points as on Maanasi’s list. Just need one more to top her effort. If not content, sheer numbers talk baby!

11) I’m really bad at keeping awake for late nights. I used to be called "8 ‘o clock news" in my childhood for my penchant to quickly drift off to sleep soon as the anchor came on. No much has changed today. Ok, its not 8 pm anymore. But its certainly not all night or even close.

1 comment:

Maanasi said...

eh..thanks prani...:) I like your list...and point 6, 4 and 10. But that doesnt make you weird...makes you normal i claim.