Thursday, October 16, 2008

Mid Day - Mid week crisis?

I know people are losing their jobs and that’s a sad thing

I also know that mid-day is filled with tripe and no one ought to take it seriously.

BUT STILL

Today’s cover story talks about the the Jet Airways sacking of 800 employees (and more to come). Here are some gems from the report:

Monica Gawande (28), one of the 800 odd crewmembers laid off by Jet Airways is distraught. “I underwent eye surgery, since the airlines wouldn’t allow me to fly with my spectacles on.

Yeah right. Ever heard of contact lenses?

Also mentioned in the story, “As mid day found out, 90% of the 800 odd crewmembers being laid off have huge educational loans and home loans to repay, families to support and dreams to fulfill”

What? 90% have dreams to fulfill? That’s some survey!

Mid day to crew member (22 years): So, do you have any unfulfilled dreams?

22 year old: Nope. I just want to wander about with this vacant look in my eyes. Its quite fun actually!

No comments: